Brooklyn Hoodie Sew Along: Assemble the Body and Sleeves
Posted by Betsy C on
Let's make this start to look like something...
- With right sides together, sew the front and back shoulder seams together.
- The shoulder area will support the entire garment and will have a tendency to stretch. I recommend using narrow clear elastic tape, or twill tape to help reinforce and support the shoulder seam. You will sew it in by positioning the tape on your shoulder seam line as you sew the front shoulder to the back shoulder.
- Sew the sleeve cap to the armhole
- Once sewn in, it will look like this on the wrong side of the garment.
- You can add an optional topstitch around the armhole for a decorative look at this time. If you choose to do so, turn the sleeve cap seam allowances towards the body so they are secured with the topstitch.
- With right sides together, sew the body together from the sleeve opening to the underarm. Pivot and sew down to the bottom hem. Repeat for the opposite side.
Coming up Next 1/13- Joining the hem bands and sewing with rib knit trim
Share this post